Previous Post
Archives
Links
Friends
Template by
Free Blogger templates
Thursday, October 05, 2006
CABBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this week. Crazy busy week but not really stressful for me (although today there're 2 horrible midtests =P ).

One thing I hate today: I (temporaly) lost my cabbage!
Crazy. I should "ubek2" three fridges for about three times and it wasted time around 10 minutes T_T After feeling so dissapointed of losing my lovely cabbage, then finally I found it!!! A big silly watermelon was hiding the cabbage. (who's the silly one here? hahahahaha)

Ivy forgot to tell me that the lantern festival at esplanade is not today. It's tomorrow. So, this evening I came to watch the Percussion Ensemble.

Let's check three concert that I've watched in Yong Siew Toh Conservatory Concert Hall:


1. Noon Recital Series 4 Sep 2006 (weekly program)

Syncopations per violino solo -- Azio Corghi

Violin Sonata No. 2 in D major, Op. 94 -- Prokofiev
I. Moderato
II. Scherzo
III. Andante
IV. Allegro con brio

Violin Concerto in A minor, Op. 53 -- Dvorak
III. Allegro giocoso, ma non troppo

Cello Sonata in D minor -- Shostakovich
I. Allegro ma non troppo
II. Allegro


2.Albert Tiu & Thomas Hecht 3 Oct 2006
One Piano, Four Hands


Deux Marches caractéristiques, D. 886 -- Schubert
I. Allegro vivace

Variations on a Theme by Schumann, Op. 23 -- Brahms

Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune -- Debussy

Deux Marches caractéristiques, D. 886 -- Schubert
II. Allegro vivace

Cappricio Italien, Op. 45 -- Tchaikovsky


3. Celebrations in Percussion 5 Oct 2006


Part 1: Fireworks

Clapping Music (1980) -- STEVE REICH

Music for the Royal Fireworks (1749/1990) -- G.F. HANDEL (arr. Steve Grimo)
I. La Réjouissance
II. Bourrée
III. Minuet

Part 2: Dancing

Ballad for the Dance (1956) -- SAUL GOODMAN

Dance No.1 from Marimba Dances (1982) -- ROSS EDWARDS

Danse des Espirits from Trois Danses Païnnes (1955) -- SERGE BAUDO

Scherzo from Symphony No.9 (1824/1984) -- L.V. BEETHOVEN (arr. Harold Farberman)

Part 3: Jubilations

With Joy In His Heart (1995) -- DAVID MANCINI

Windstone Suite (1992) -- JARED SPEARS
I. Windstone
II. Drone Dance
III. Distant Songs and Incantations
IV. Visions and Jubilations

Log Cabin Blues (1923/1990) -- GEORGE HAMILTON GREEN (arr. Bob Becker)

Charleston Capers (1926/1989) -- GEORGE HAMILTON GREEN (arr. Bob Becker)



There's no way to tell and to express how wonderful these concerts are.
Gosh, I love my life =)
(Yeah, I'm not the players. At least I'm a good audience there.)
posted by Ra! @ 22:08  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home